Thursday, December 29, 2005

Why do I want to do this?

I've always been a geek, and from a pretty early age, I've made this apparent through my love of Jeopardy! (From now on, I'm not using that annoying !). I've just always been into quiz shows. I adored the spelling bees. Once I got into middle school, I joined Whiz Quiz. We won first place in 6th, and something else in 7th (I don't remember anymore...) In the 8th grade, I made it to the Texas State Geography Bee. I lost after a couple of rounds (I didn't think to study) but never lost enthusiasm for quiz games.

It was never easy for me to catch Jeopardy on TV. In Texas, it came on in the afternoon, while I was still in school. In college, I was either in class or had other things to do than watch TV. And then, once I moved up to CT, where it comes on just before Prime Time, I was at the gym. I purposefully got a gym membership at a place that has TVs on the equipment so that I wouldn't miss Jeopardy. Ultimately, though, TiVo is what makes the difference. I TiVo every single episode and then watch them methodically, noting which things I know and which I don't. I also try to add up my score (not including any wagering). I am 100% a Geek for doing this, but I'm hoping it will pay off. My #1 goal is a down payment for a house. Where I live, this will require at least 3 to 4 good wins. So we'll see...

1 Comments:

At 6:24 PM, Blogger Jonathan said...

Wow, I've answered two final Jeopardy questions right in my lifetime (out of maybe watching... 50? 100?), so I wish you the best of luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home